See Rachel's book, Beginnings Vol 1.
- 75% Hebridean, 25% Zwartbles, pure undyed wool
- 4ply (fingering) weight
- 437 yards per 100g skein
- 2-4.5mm (US 0-7) needle or hook
- 24 sts and 36 rows to 4" on 3mm needles
- Cool hand wash only — lay flat to dry naturally
- Sourced, scoured and spun in the UK
The overall color is a complex and natural black with shifting colors of rich brown shot through with silver grey fibers. A soft handle produces knitted fabric with bounce and structure. The yarn retains its original (and famous) signature scent of the fields, flock and new lambs in straw-filled barns.
Spun in Devon by John Arbon Textiles, the Grade 1, fine Hebridean fleece comes from a 2019 clip sourced in the North of England having an excellent staple length for yarn with luster and a soft halo. The Zwartbles fiber it is blended with originates on Exmoor not far from the mill.