The Woolly Thistle is a growing and fast-paced e-commerce company that values caring individuals that exhibit a love for their work. We care passionately about our customers who value excellent quality and who care about the source of their yarn. We also love those hardy souls out in the fields raising the wool, and the mill owners making the devine yarns we covet. Our team is knowledgeable about our products and how we fit into a competitive marketplace. We highly value authentic people and strive to collaborate as a team where honesty and integrity is always the starting point.
We're seeking a full-time Marketing Assistant who will work closely with our Marketing Manager to develop and implement marketing plans and strategies. You will be responsible for assisting with email marketing, social media across various platforms and developing new marketing strategies as our company grows. At this time we are seeking to fill this position with a local candidate who can work at our location.
The ideal candidate will have either a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field or prior work experience relevant to the position. Effective written and verbal communication skills and a high level of attention to detail are important keys for success in this role.
A familiarity with yarn and knitting are not required but a keen interest in learning about both will be essential for success in this position.
Marketing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the Marketing Manager on marketing strategies.
- Learning and working with various types of software for digital marketing including Shopify, Klaviyo, Dropbox, Canva and other apps as needed.
- Preparing, formatting and editing a range of documents including emails and social media assets.
- Designing graphics for products, social media and ecommerce use.
- Assisting with product page development as needed.
- Understanding company brand and products
- Drafting and sending approved emails for marketing campaigns.
- Owning the development, management and execution of content for approval on the company’s social media accounts including captions consistent with the brand and identifying UGC to feature on brand channels including Facebook and Instagram.
- Keeping an eye toward developing social media platforms as opportunities for brand growth.
- Tracking social media analytics and present to Marketing team on brand performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- Administration or sales and marketing assistant experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Good organization skills.
- Digital marketing experience.
- Candidates with a strong work ethic and enthusiasm.
- Positive and tenacious attitude.
Application: Send us an email with your resume to email@example.com. Use MARKETING ASST in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Bookkeeper/Administrator position is full-time and will manage the day-to-day bookkeeping functions of the business as well as HR and Admin tasks. This is an in-house position located at our HQ in West Lebanon NH.
Key functions and strengths for this position:
- Have experience working for small business and have a can-do approach where we sometimes have to wear many hats
- Reports to the CEO and works closely with the CFO
- Perform all bookkeeping including AP, reconciliations, and payroll. Must have working knowledge of accrual accounting.
- Prepare timely monthly and quarterly reports
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and monitor our adherence to the budget and report on deviations
- Assist in preparing demand forecasts based on in-house sales data and incoming stock availability
- Create and maintain all bookkeeping and HR SOPs
- Oversee and reconcile sales tax collections and payments (working with an outside sales tax collection agency)
- Oversee and maintain business insurances including w/c and liability (working with ins agent)
- Onboard and Offboard employees in Gusto.com
- Maintain Employee Handbook and policies
- Pay all approved invoices in a timely manner
- Software utilized includes QBO, Gusto, Google Drive, Monday, Finale IMS.
Education & Work Experience
- Associate Degree or higher - focus on Accounting/Bookkeeping
- Relevant work experience providing bookkeeping functions including accrual accounting.
- Experience managing bookkeeping for a large inventory.
Application: Send us an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use BOOKKEEPER in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you!
Order Pickers & Packers: Our busy and growing e-commerce business is in need of part-time Order Pickers & Packers whose main duties are to pack orders quickly and accurately and help restock inventory as well as general shop duties as needed (eg counting inventory, creating kits, general organization and cleaning, etc). This position is for 4-5 days per week totaling 20 hours per week but we are flexible! This position would suit an experienced knitter but we encourage anyone interested in applying to do so. We are located in West Lebanon NH. Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com and note ORDER PICKER & PACKER POSITION in the subject line.
EOE Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.