We are so grateful that the Shetland Wool Week Annual production team decided to go ahead with the Annual this year even though the event itself has been canceled due to COVID.
Let us do the international shipping so you don't have to!
As always please feel free to add other items to your Preorder and we will ship everything out as soon as the book comes in. If you would like your other items sooner please submit a separate order and we'll get them right out to you. Thank you!
• ‘More than a Hat’, celebrating Wilma Malcolmson and the Katie’s Kep which has been knitted around the world.
• Introducing Hilary Burgess, a Shetland vet and farmer, who reflects on the (often humorous) characteristics of Shetland Sheep.
• Curator at Shetland Museum, Carol Christiansen is a treasure trove of little-known information on Shetland textiles. She has written a piece on Shetland-made infant lace veils which were popular during Victorian times.
• Shetland knitting dialect, anyone visiting SWW for the first time might be struck with unfamiliar knitting words they hear in the workshops. Here’s an essential guide by Viveka Velupillai which is combined with stunning, original artwork by local artist, Gilly B.
• Shetland Tweed, Andy Ross describes the long-lasting appeal of this beautiful fabric.
Delivery date: End of October
Size: 256 x 204mm
Printed in Scotland on FSC accredited paper and boards using only vegetable-based inks.