Shetland Heritage and the Natural Collection recreates the original characteristics of handspun ‘wursit’ used in old Fair Isle garments. This light fingering weight yarn is replicated from that found in knitted Fair Isle garments in the collection of Shetland Museum and Archives.
Made in UK. 100% Real Shetland Wool.
- BREED: Shetland
- BALL/SKEIN LENGTH: approx 120yds/25g ball
- YARN THICKNESS: light fingering
- FINISH: WOOLLEN or WORSTED worsted
- TENSION: approx 30 sts and 32 rows = 4in over Fair Isle pattern using 3mm needles
- PACKAGE: approx. 25g balls
- HANDLE: fine
- CARE: hand wash, air dry.
Please remember that every effort is taken to represent the true colors of the yarn and that monitor settings will vary.
Jamieson & Smith is in the process of updating their labels. Depending on our available stock, you may receive yarn with a pale yellow label or the updated white label. The updated labels indicate 120 yards and the older version indicates 132 yards.